Main » 2011 » July » 6 » Kara no Shoujo
0:14 AMKara no Shoujo
So sorry for the long delay! I just had to thoroughly read through the game and go over like every single choice...
Quite an interesting start menu
A few links to places you should visit:
The story takes place in 1956 in Tokyo,Japan. You start off as Tokisaka Reiji, a private detective with a few personal problems. A strange series of murders starts to take place and you find yourself joining the investigation alongside a few old friends. One day a young girl follows you and asks you to solve a strange case: to find her true self.
My take on the game:
The game is quite amazing. It had me thinking about it night and day. It was able to make me angry, sad, and happy. It's the only longish game where I haven't complained about the length. I actually reread all of the text when playing every route (except when I didn't get the end I was going for and skipped back to spot I was at). It's a pretty dark story and has a bit of gore so if you're the type that can't handle bloody images than this really isn't the game for you. As I stated before it's set in the 50's but it feels pretty modern besides the lack of cell phones. This is a very very difficult visual novel, I'm serious here. Be very careful as where you go and what you choose to click in an investigation. If you don't choose correctly or in a certain sequence than you might not get all the clues, and if you don't get all the clues than you're screwed. Ah, and if you're a fan of Dante's Divine Comedy then this is the game for you. My thought on the true end.
* Unlike most games character design seems original, the names not so much.
* The guys in the game don't look like total idiots.
* The voice acting in the Japanese version is brilliant, it actually seems as if the actors were in the game.
* The BAD ENDINGS HAVE AMAZING STORY AS WELL, THAT'S SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
* A majority of H-scenes are thought out and not just randomly placed; they have impact the story as well.
* Characters have realistic hair and eye colors. OH MY GOD!
* There are over 30 characters that you meet in the game.
* Every character plays an important role.
* It's got everything you need. Incest, Murder, Prostitution.
* In game encyclopedia in case you forget something.
* Music fits in with the game and really touches you.
* Very high quality artwork
* Music has a long transition period between loops.
* Terrible font choice on MangaGamers side. It seems the fans have released a patch to fix this so it's fine.
* There is no voice acting that comes with the English version. Once again it seems the fans have released a patch to fix this so it's fine.
* In the original release there a bug that spoiled most of the game. There's been an official patch to fix this, so if you haven't fixed it yet you should do it ASAP.
* Some of the common path text contradicts actions you've done and some of it you shouldn't know if you didn't make that particular choice.
* You don't get to view the gallery until the 3rd end (of the walkthrough)
* When characters get "close-up" to you the image is just magnified and looks slightly pixelated
* There was one scene where in the background an object disappears. Try to find it. Hint, it's near the end of one of the ends in the first playthrough.
What you should look forward to in the future
All of these games are by the same developer* , as izmos corrected me, and share the same universe.
* Kara no Shoujo 2 It's obvious enough that this game has some kind of relation.
* Cartagra ~Tsuki kurui no Yamai~ Innocent Grey's first work, it shares characters with Kara no Shoujo
* PP -Pianissimo- Ayatsuri Ningyou no Rinbu It's not directly related to Kara no Shoujo, but it shares characters with Cartagra
Please, please buy this game from MangaGamer and don't just pirate it. If you do the chances of the games listed above being translated will significantly improve. Of these games Cartagra's fan translation has already received a letter of C&D from Innocent Grey so we can only hope for an official translation.
* Soundtrack 9/10
* Story 10/10
* Character Development 10/10
* Artwork 10/10
* Coherence 8/10
Overall 47/50, excellent game. Thumbs up for MangaGamer for being able to keep the emotional effect after the translation. This is definately the best visual novel I've read to date.
And here are some pics
Here's a doodle I made
And a real doodle this time.
Well that's it for this post.
|Total comments: 6|
Updates and Chat
- 2010 October
- 2010 November
- 2010 December
- 2011 January
- 2011 February
- 2011 March
- 2011 April
- 2011 May
- 2011 June
- 2011 July
- 2011 August
- 2011 September
- 2011 October
- 2011 November
- 2011 December
- 2012 January
- 2012 February
- 2012 March
- 2012 April
- 2012 May
- 2012 June
- 2012 July
- 2012 August
- 2012 September
- 2012 October
- 2012 November
- 2012 December
- 2013 January
- 2013 February
- 2013 March
- 2013 April
- 2013 May
- 2013 June
- 2013 August
- 2013 September
- 2013 October
- 2013 November
- 2013 December
- 2014 February
Total online: 1